1.16.2009

"Never Say Diet"

I've recently embarked on reading the book "Never Say Diet" by Chantel Hobbs. At first, I wasn't all that excited about reading a book about losing weight. I mean, I do Weight Watchers and now have signed up to participate in the 1/2 marathon, so I didn't really think I would enjoy reading this book.

However, I was surprised at how encouraged I was by Chantel's words. Her philosophy is similar to Weight Watchers in that you cannot "diet" and lose weight for the long term. These healthy changes have to be a new way of life. And exercise is an integral part of changing over to a healthy lifestyle.

Her story is one of perserverance and success. I drew so much motivation from it!

After years of failed diet attempts, Chantel discovered the missing ingredient to permanent weight loss: to change your life, you first have to change the way you think. She developed a balanced plan for exercise and nutrition and lost two hundred pounds. Yes, that is 200 pounds! Makes me feel better about having to lose my 50!

In "Never Say Diet", Chantel provides everything readers need to lose weight for good, including:
  • Simple, step-by-step workout routines that fit into a normal weekday schedule
  • A realistic approach to nutrition that helps people break their bondage to food.
  • Strategies for staying motivated when life takes unexpected turns.
  • Keys to dealing with discouragement by relying on God’s strength
  • The secret to moving beyond past failures and getting over old excuses

Chantel helps readers make the five commitments that are necessary for changing their lives.

Then, there's also a "Personal Fitness Trainer" companion to the book. It allows readers to have Chantel show up each week to inspire, encourage, and energize them on the journey to a healthy life that centers on body, mind, and spirit. This fitness guide helps readers set new weight-loss goals and create an exercise schedule that works in the midst of life’s constant demands. Readers will be inspired with Scripture, and they will welcome Chantel’s healthy eating plan with simple, energy-and-nutrition-packed recipes. Weekly checklists and personal evaluations direct readers in reaching their goals. Plus, Chantel’s personal and entertaining stories provide the motivation needed to get through even the most frustrating days.

Chantel's approach to getting healthy (and losing weight in the process) incorporates scripture without preaching which was a plus for me. I do believe God cares about everything we do in life and He desires for us to take the best care of this body He's given us.

I hope you will read this book. And if you are interested, I have a copy of both the "Never Say Diet" and the "Personal Fitness Trainer" to give away. If you are interested, leave me a comment or send me an email (sandras_junk@charter.net). If more than one person is interested, I will put all the names into a drawing and the winner will get the set. I'll draw one week from today on Friday, January 23.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know, I am all about anything to help me lose weight!
And, I love the last book I won:)
Allison