12.29.2008

Sad news

It is with a heavy heart that I write this post. Biopsy results were back today on Steve's mother (Mary). The results show it is definitely cancer...in several areas of her body. We know of liver, pancreas and lungs. It is very aggressive. She has chosen to not pursue any course of treatment. She is by far, the most Godly woman I know and she is certain of what awaits her after this life. While she is sad to leave us behind, she is content knowing that when she leaves this world, she will see her Savior and hear the words, "Well done my good and faithful servant".

The doctors have given her approximately 2 months to live.

I am more deeply grieved than I'm sure I seem on the outside. Having been through this exact scenario with my mother (except she had much treatment that made her must more ill than the cancer), I know some of what to expect. However, despite my outside appearance, my heart is breaking inside. Mary has become like a second mother to me (I've not been vague in expressing my love for the Taylor family). And I can only hope that when I grow older, I can leave behind 1/2 the legacy that she has.

Might I be so bold as to ask you to approach the Throne on behalf of the entire Taylor family over the next few days. We know that the Great Physician could perform a miracle, however, we also know that He is probably most anxious to have this precious saint with him too.

Thank you for your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. We'll be in prayer for the family.