12.24.2008

A few of my favorite (Christmas) things..

I saw this on a blog that I frequent...Confessions of a CF Husband. I thought this would be a good post to plagiarize myself on this Christmas Eve while I'm waiting for "Santa" :)

Christmas is my favorite holiday. As a kid, I loved the excitement and anticipation of Christmas morning. As an adult and parent, it's much of the same excitement and anticipation except for a different reason. I confess, I don't sleep well on Christmas Eve because I can't wait for Jenna to wake up and open her gifts! However, I try to make sure that Jenna understands the true Reason for the season. So, without further delay...

My favorite Christmas...

Movie: Modern Day-Love Actually (I've watched this about 3 times this season) Classic-It's a Wonderful Life (love watching this with Steve)

Sweet: Lately I'm favorite my Oreo truffles. I also love all the little finger foods we have.

Song: Hands down, O Holy Night

Tradition: All of them. My favorite tradition growing up was Christmas Eve at our house. Mom always had the whole family over. It was my favorite time spending time with my family. When Mom died, everyone kind of went their separate ways. I really missed it. Tonight, I took part in the second annual Christmas Eve tradition spending it with my surrogate family, the Millsaps. More to come on that fun! I also really, REALLY enjoy Christmas Day night with the Taylor family (I think I've mentioned how much I love that family!) I also love dearly the Christmas Eve service at church.

Gift Received: Anything truly unexpected (and expensive!) The year I was pregnant with Jenna, Steve gave me a diamond double heart necklace in front of all the Taylors and it was so sweet and memorable.

Gift Given: Well, probably the year we gave Micah her car. Her reaction still brings tears to my eyes. For Steve...I don't know...I usually go overboard on him and he's always surprised. That's the best thing though. For Jenna-the Butterscotch pony last year was a real hit.

Meal: I always loved having Christmas breakfast, but not sure that will happen tomorrow. :)

What about you? What are some of your favorite Christmas things?

Merry Christmas Eve...

1 comment:

The Millsaps said...

I love our two year old tradition of spending Christmas Eve with you. Merry Christmas, Friend. Love you!!