3.26.2008

A Taylor Update

Just thought I'd check in with everyone and update on what's going on with me.

First of all, I had a weigh in yesterday. I had a vendor meeting from 9:00-1:00 and my WW meeting is at 11:00 and our break for lunch wasn't until 11:30, so all I had time to do is run in and weigh and leave. Of course, the meeting was going on, but the helper weighed me in. Since I was sick a few weeks ago, I haven't done that well with eating. I just started exercising again and I'm only walking. I gained .8lbs last week and I was expecting it. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't more of a gain. But I digress...

So, I go weigh in and I'm in a hurry and whispering about having to weigh in at a WW center last week yada, yada. She tells me to hop up on the scales which I reluctantly do and she nods, I get down and she starts scribbling on the tracker and calculating my gain. But. It wasn't a gain. I was amazed, but I lost another 1.2 lbs! I promise, this is such a God thing. He must just know that I need that weekly encouragement! But with the gain from last week, I'm down 13.4 total pounds! YAY!

Work life is crazy busy. My manager's wife had her 3rd baby (girl) yesterday afternoon so it's even crazier. I'm at a crossroads in my career and it's a self-imposed crossroads. I go through this periodically, trying to figure out where I want to be in the next 2-3 years etc.

Steve and Jenna are both doing well. Jenna just got her 3rd 9-weeks report card and is doing FABULOUS! She is right on target on most everything. She has reached the reading level that you are supposed to be at when you LEAVE pre-1st, so we are working hard to get her past that so she can be a little ahead when she goes into first grade. We are going to work hard the last few weeks of school and then of course during the summer, so I think we can do it. Although, it saddens me that we'll leave her pre-1st teacher. This woman is just amazing. I don't know how else to describe her. She is definitely one-of-a-kind and exactly what these kids needed.

I'm going scrapbooking on Friday night and try to get caught up a little more. I'm looking forward to it.

That's about it...will keep you posted...

No comments: