7.02.2011

Living on a Farm

This is going to be a totally and completely random post, so just bear with me.

The area I live in is the perfect combination of city and country.  I live in a subdivion where the homes are all on quarter acre lots and we know most of our neighbors.  However, where I live, on a quite night, I can hear the cows mooing in the fields of a nearby farm.

Each season, I see the baby calves in the fields and pass the fields of hay, wheat or corn being harvested.  And that's why I love my city! 

I've always wanted to live on a farm.  Well, OK, I'm not so sure about living on a farm, but maybe just knowing someone who does so that I could go out and pet the animals, pick some corn and just enjoy nature.

It just seems that is such a simple way of life.  Someone told me recently they knew of a family who is completely self sufficient on their farm.  Wow.  That's pretty impressive.  There's definitely something to be said about that.

No comments: