3.24.2007

More updates on the baby...

Talked to Micah today and she and Gage spent the night at her mom's last night. She woke up and fed Gage at 1 or 2:00am I think she said. He went back to bed about an hour later and slept until 8:30 when Pam woke her up and she woke him up. Obviously, her milk hasn't come in yet or else she wouldn't be able to sleep that long. But she took advantage of it while she could.

She said that he really hasn't cried much...just grunts and groans. She seems to be doing well with him and says she has hardly gotten to hold him herself between Steven and her mom. But she'll be at home next week while Steven works so she'll have him all to herself and thus embark on the journey of her life.

Gage weighed 6lbs 14oz when they left the hospital so that was really good. He has a doctor's appointment on Monday with him, so we'll see if he's gained his birth weight back by then. I gave her some tips on bathing and feeding him and she sounds like she's been doing it forever. All of a sudden, I'm looking at a grown woman/mother where "Micah" had been. Micah will always be that 10 year old little girl in my eyes, but now I'm forced to see her as the grown woman she is. It's a little disconcerting, but I am so, so proud. I am anxious to see Gage grow, watch his personality emerge and start a relationship with him.

As I write this, we are in the hotel room in Chattanooga resting before dinner. We are going to stay in the hotel and eat tonight so that we can get in bed early so we can get up early and get home. We'll stop by Micah's to spend some quality time with her and Gage. She says she'll stay at her apartment tonight and then go back to her mom's tomorrow during the day. Jenna is really wanting to see the baby and I can't wait to get some good pictures of her and Steve with the baby. I'll post them here as soon as I can.

Well, more tomorrow, hopefully, if I can get the pictures downloaded.

No comments: