3.26.2007

Gage's first doctor visit...



Micah took Gage to his first doctor's appointment today. He now weighs 7lb 2oz which is 2 oz up from what he was when he left the hospital on Friday and 4 oz from the time he was born. This is great news because it means he's getting plenty of milk from Micah which all new moms are worried about! He is 19 inches long, which is 1/2 inch shorter than at birth, but the pediatrician said that many times, the head is swollen at birth from being in the birth canal and it will go back to normal size and it appears they shrink. So, perfect on all accounts there.

He was a tiny bit jaundiced at birth and he remains a little yellow, but the doctor said there was nothing at all to worry about that it would go away with time. Something else to put Micah's mind at ease. No shots today. First ones are in two months and Micah is already dreading it.

Steve, Jenna and I went to spend time with her and Gage yesterday afternoon when we got back from Chattanooga and it was wonderful. Jenna doesn't quite know what to think of him yet. Not sure she knew what to expect. She kept saying at first she was a big sister instead of an aunt and when we got her acclimated to "aunt", she wanted to be an "aunt Rachel", not "aunt Jenna"...so....who knows what she'll come out as. :)

While we were there, I checked Micah's stitches and for the degree of damage, she's healing quite nicely. Her milk is in and Gage is nursing like a champ. You have no idea how proud I am of Micah for making it this far, because nursing is so hard and being her first and everything...she's really doing well. Of course, he's going 3 hours between feedings and the doctor said as long as it doesn't exceed 6 hours at a time and he's still gaining, she's good. She hasn't even broken out the bottles yet! SO PROUD of my girl! He's sweet as pie and I can't wait to see him grow...more on him as time progresses...

As for us, we had a blast in "Chagganooga" as Jenna calls it. However, about 20 miles west on our way home yesterday morning, Steve's truck died. Luckily, I was following in the van, but we had to have the darn thing towed back to the dealership on a Sunday which cost us nearly $500. The bad part was that Steve KNEW something was wrong and had taken it in for a "checkup" last weekend. The dealership said they couldn't find anything wrong with it and the hesitation Steve was feeling was just due to "change in climate". WHAT?!?! Anyway, we had to rent a car so we can get where we need to go and that's another $250 a week. Hopefully we won't need it that long, but you never know. At the moment, we are arguing with Ford over the repairs. I'll keep you posted.

That's about it right now. I got my passport for Thailand today which is AWESOME! I'm starting to make a list of things I need to pick up for the trip. June will be upon me before I know it. Steve's unsure if he's going to Moldova or not especially if we end up paying an arm and leg for the truck repairs. I have no idea about vacation to the beach etc. It's just a wait and see game. I've gotten several more donations for Thailand and to those folks, THANK YOU! I am watching the total get lower and lower and I'm praying that by June it will be gone and I will have little or nothing to pay. More to come on that...

Thanks for all the well wishes for us new grandparents...we are Mimi and ???? Not sure about Steve yet, so if you have ideas...

No comments: