5.22.2011

Kylie's Room...Almost Done!

Finally!  I can give you an update on Kylie's room!  As you might remember, we have been waiting to show you all some neat things we have put up in Kylie's room.

My sweet, SWEET friend Karen G. made these 5x7 canvas prints of Kylie's name. 
I ordered some custom made knobs to hang these with from Etsy.  I really wanted cupcakes to match our valance, but once I started talking to the sweet lady from Etsy, she and I decided that solid colors would be best.  Sorry for the bad quality of the photos, but they are from my phone.

Now, here's a little of what the window looks like.

Remember the valance I had custom made? 

Well, while I was talking to my friend from Sweet Petites Boutique, I realized she could handpaint a switchplate for the light switch.   I will admit, I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was literally speechless when I received it in the mail...

I mean seriously?!  Is that not the absolute cutest thing EVER?  Yeah, I thought so.  And she can handpaint/customize to just about anything you want!  Check her out on Etsy.

Here's another view of the room...

What's that?  Oh, the plate on the dresser?  Well, *I* did that, thankyouverymuch!  I free handed the cupcake from looking at a picture at the pottery painting place.  It's not perfect, but it is made with love.
So, all that to say, the room is really coming together.  We are still in search of a glider, but that will be it.  I've very proud at the way it turned out so far.  Being that I don't have a decorative bone in my body, I think I'm doing pretty good (thanks to help from all my friends and family!)

No comments: