5.09.2011

Adoption Update

I know it's been a few days since I've given an update here about the adoption, so for all your inquiring minds...

Our dossier is in China.  We were logged in on 3/31/2011.  The list of children with special needs available for adoption are released by the CCCWA once a month.  As far as I can tell, it's around the 20th ish of every month and always on a Monday night (our time).  Once that list is released, agencies are out there (yes, some-including my agency-are up in the wee hours of the night) looking for children that match the profiles of the famlies waiting in their programs.

If you're "up" and they find a child that matches the profile you filled out (of what special needs you can accept), then they lock the file for you and you get what is affectionately known as "the call" to say a child is available. 

Until then, you just wait.  Kind of like the whole rest of the process...just waiting on something different.  :)  May's list will be released towards the end of the month, I'm guessing the 23rd.  This will be the 2nd list we will be eligible to be matched from.  Of course, I'll let you all know as soon as I hear, but we are anticipating more months of waiting before we get matched. 

As for fundraising, we are going to be quite short in funds, but yes, t-shirts are still for sale.  I have PLENTY, but just haven't heavily pushed the selling of them.  If you want one, you can purchase online right there ---------------------------------->.  I will ship them to you if you aren't local.

So, that's it.  We are waiting.  Stay tuned...

No comments: