9.30.2008

"He's back"

First thing this morning, I got a call from Bertie and her first words were "He's back". Apparently, when she returned to the hospital this morning, Daddy was sitting up in bed as alert as he was 3 weeks ago before he went into the hospital. It's a virtual miracle. I have no idea what happened other than he had a UTI all along which just kept getting worse. I wouldn't believe it myself except that I talked to him on the phone myself and he was back to normal.

However, he's still having some issues, so they have scheduled surgery on his bladder about 12:30 tomorrow. Although, it does appear that he is about 90% better than he was yesterday...mentally and physically. He has absolutely no recollection of the last 3 weeks. Not even the day that he got sick. So, that is going to be interesting to deal with. Bertie and I have run the gamut of emotion and he is oblivious. He didn't even remember me being with him all day Sunday. It's amazing to me that he has no recollection of anything. I'm not sure if those memories will ever come back. We still have a long road ahead.

I appreciate your prayers and support more than you know. I'll keep you posted tomorrow on the surgery.

No comments: