9.17.2008

Thanks to everyone who has inquired about Daddy. I am sorry that I haven't updated yet. It's been a crazy week.

Daddy is doing better. Most of the day, he is more lucid, although he is not nearly back to the way he was before all this happened. They did try and do an MRI as the neurologist thought one side was a bit weaker than the other and maybe he'd had a possible stroke. However, he was unable to lay still long enough to get the MRI. They did an EEG on his brain and a CT scan, but we have not yet gotten the results back.

I was able to talk to him on the phone twice today and several times, he said things that sounded just like the normal Daddy I know. It made me feel better. He is a long way from being better. We remain unsure as to how much damage there is and how permanent it is. My stepmom has a funeral visitation to attend tomorrow afternoon, so I'm going to head up to the hospital after work to spend a couple hours with Daddy. Pray for me...I am very nervous about being with him alone because he is still so fragile. But I'm hoping that tomorrow will be an even better day than today, even though the evenings seem to find him a little more agitated and confused.

Tomorrow afternoon after work is also our fall parent-teacher conference with Jenna's teacher. I'm always anxious to hear what her teachers have to say about her and this is no exception. Will post more...probably not tomorrow but maybe Friday. I'm taking the last part of the day off to keep Jenna since she's out of school.

I guess that's it for now...off to bed with me!

No comments: