12.31.2012

Looking towards 2013

2013.

Where did the time go?  I can't believe this year has flown by so fast. I now watch Jenna talk about how slow time seem to move and I warn her that before she knows it, she'll be all grown up with a child of her own and be wondering where the time went.

So as we are headed into a brand new year, I've been thinking of the things I want to do differently in 2013.

I am not making any weight loss goals because those never stick and I've decided to just have plastic surgery when I'm 40.  I'm totally kidding.  Kind of.

One of the things I want to do in 2013 is start spending more time with my family.  Lately, when I put Kylie down at night, I'll go ahead and crawl into bed and do one or a combination of the following:  read, blog, read blogs, watch TV, read/study the Bible, surf the Internet....

I justified this by saying this is the only time I have to myself.  But I realized, I could do any or all of these things while sitting in the living room with my family.  So I'm going to start doing better with that.

Of course, as always, I want to incorporate more time spent in the Word and in prayer.  I bought a new book that I hope will help me do this.

I also want to make sure I eat lunch away from my desk at least once a week at work.  Now that I no longer have a WBFF, it's become very easy to simply eat at my desk at work.  The problem is that I then only take maybe 30 minutes max and after a few weeks of doing this, you start to really get burned out at work.  There's a reason they give you a lunch hour.  I need to take it.  I feel so much better when I do.

I want to do some other minor improvements but nothing significant enough to mention here.  So, that's what I'm looking forward to in 2013.  What are your goals?

No comments: