1.04.2010

Last Day of Freedom

So, while most of my friends and neighbors woke up early this morning to hustle their kids off to school and get themselves to work or their errands for the day, I've enjoyed one last day of freedom.

In an effort to get us back on some schedule, I got out of bed at 8am today.  Of course, seeing that 5:30am is my normal wakeup time, that's not really that early, but after staying up past midnight for the last several nights, I think by my 10pm bedtime, I'll be ready.  At least I hope so.

Anyway, Katie had a vet appointment today for her regular shots, so off we went.  I made a quick trip to Target for a scrapbooking album my friend Leigh Ann turned me on to (thanks LAM!) and then it was back home.  I've straightened the house, played Wii, uploaded photos, surfed the net, checked emails, folded and put away laundry and put my pages in the new scrapbook album I bought.

And now, I'm watching Steve fish on the Wii, listening to JG read her favorite book and getting ready to get off the couch and get dinner started. 

For all of you who officially started 2010 today, I hope your day was great (or at least not too bad/long) and I'll be right there with you tomorrow!

3 comments:

jenn said...

Hope your full transition went well! I know our family survived MONDAY, but my 11 year old step-daughter ended up staying home Tuesday from exhaustion (go parents, right ;) )!

jenn said...

Hope your full transition went well! I know our family survived MONDAY, but my 11 year old step-daughter ended up staying home Tuesday from exhaustion (go parents, right ;) )!

Suburban Turmoil said...

This was our first full week back at school (last week, my daughter started on Tuesday and had Thursday and Friday off because of "snow") and the routine is HARD. I do NOT like getting up and showered and dressed at 6:15am! It's enough to make me want to homeschool!