5.09.2008

ConGRADulations!

My brown-eyed girl graduated tonight. For those of you who don't know, I'm referring to my beautiful step-daughter, Micah. She graduated from Remington College tonight with her MA. Medical Assistant, that is. She is working for a pulmonologist in Lebanon already.

I cannot tell you how proud we are. Shortly after Gage was born, she up and decided on her own to go to school. She went down there, talked to admissions, lined up her own financial aid and went to school for like 4 hours a night Monday through Thursday. It was not easy, but she did it. And finished. And she did well.

I am just so, so, so proud. Did I mention that already???? I just can't say it enough. Just seeing her tonight walking across that stage and then later at the reception with Gage...I realized...she has turned into this...woman. Mom. Oh my gosh...that bob-haired little girl who used to say to me (before I was dating Steve), "I wish you could be my step-mom" has turned into a beautiful (seriously, it's not just me, she is...have you seen her lately!??!!) brown eyed, long (sometimes!) haired knockout. And she's all grown up now. She's almost 24...

What happened? Apparently I blinked and she grew up right before my eyes. But the good thing is...she turned out just fine. Despite all our mistakes and stumbles with our parenting. And now she is on the same journey...parenting and making a life for herself and her baby boy.

Micah-don't know if you read this, but if you do, we are so, SO proud of you. You will probably never understand just how proud we are until Gage walks across the graduation stage too and then you will realize...I love you baby girl. More than I ever knew I could love a child not of my blood. You are now, and forever...

My brown-eyed girl.

(pictures forthcoming)

No comments: