1.25.2008

Urgent Prayer Needed

I'm calling all of you out there that believe in prayer...

Those of you who have been reading for a while know what we were going through a little over a year ago with Steve's job. And earlier this week I mentioned that Steve's manager at work had turned in his resignation. This really sent Steve reeling as this man (a Christian) was very much a mentor, a friend and someone who stood up for Steve many times. While Steve was still trying to get his feet under him, the owners came in today and told Steve's manager to just pack up and go.

I can't tell you what this has done to Steve. You know how you get angry on someone else's behalf when you feel they've been "done wrong"...well, that's how Steve feels. For at least 4 years now we've prayed that God would remove Steve from this job and provide something else. And each time, God's answer has been a definite "NO". I have spent more tears and prayers asking for guidance over this for Steve.

Given all that's happened this week and in the weeks leading up to this time, we believe that they may indeed shut his part of the company down soon. I can honestly say, without a doubt, this is as low as I have ever seen Steve in our marriage of nearly 12 years. He has shed tears, even sobbing, feeling that he is in a field all alone with no direction on where to go. He is angry with God for allowing the injustice of it all and he truly does feel all alone. I am at a loss for what to say. Steve knows deep in his heart that God has a plan for him and that if he will be still and wait that He will provide. However, when you are in the midst of the storm, it is hard to be still on a boat that seems to be rocking back and forth perilously.

I am crying out to you to stand in the gap for Steve right now. Pray for a peace of mind and focus on God. And pray that God will give very clear guidance on what we are to do. Also, pray for me that I will have the right words to say to Steve to soothe him. I feel that because I have begun to get my spiritual life back in order that Satan is attacking me by attacking the one that I love the most. I refuse to give in to him. Please approach the Throne as often as you think about for us.

Thank you dear friends...

1 comment:

clg0513 said...

prayers said :)