1.17.2008

Trying to catch up...

I know I haven't blogged in a while, but as many of you know, we've had quite a wild ride around here. Steve's mom and dad have both been in the hospital this week and his dad's condition is pretty serious. It was very touch and go for a while and so I've been a might bit distracted. They are hoping to do surgery tomorrow to insert a pacemaker which hopefully will help out alot.

We've had alot of other things going on, so I'll try and touch on a few here...

Finally, here are some pictures of Jenna at her first horseback riding lesson 2 weeks ago. This weekend is supposed to be bitterly cold, so I doubt they will have them this week. She's going to be disappointed, but that's just the way it is. It's better for the horses to have a week off when it's so cold.



Jenna is finally back in school and we have settled into our routine again. On our last day off, it was about 70 degrees (yes, in January!) and so we spent some time at the park. Since everyone else was already in school, the park was completely deserted and I took the time to really play and be a kid again. Here we are in the tunnel slide. I'm embarrassed to say that I could barely fit in it! (it IS a kid's slide after all!)

Speaking of not being able to fit into places...I had my first week's weigh in at Weight Watchers on Tuesday and I lost 2.2 pounds! Hooray for me! I worked pretty hard at eating better. My goal for the first week (besides losing weight) was to get on a multi vitamin, which I bought and have started. This week's goal is to take the stairs at work more. I only work 2 flights up and in the mornings I always walk up. But many times I ride the elevator. Week 3 I'm going to try and get at least one day of exercise in. I'm starting with very small goals so as not to get discouraged. Thanks to all my fabulous cheerleaders! I have had friends I didn't even know read this blog encourage me and that was just wonderful!

Oh, and something so very exciting for me (and other girls I know) is that my women's Bible Study started again Tuesday night! I have SO missed this time. I never remember looking forward to and not wanting to miss a study like I have with this group of women. It's also fabulous to be able to leave and arrive at my house 1 minute later! Living on the outskirts of town usually means at least a 20 minute commute! I am eventually going to post a very long post about my life changes and everything I've gone through in the last 6-9 months. It's definitely a journey I've been on and I have been thinking for some time about blogging about it, but it's one of those things that I have to have time to sit down and think about and really spend time doing. Hang in there with me because I'll get to it. It will be a very personal post though.

Don't forget to also keep Steve's parents in your prayers...

No comments: