3.28.2013

Celebrate The Promise

I have been active on a couple of non profit boards since my foray into the non profit world a few years ago.  After a year internship at a local non-profit through the Young Leaders Council (which is awesome, BTW.  Highly recommend).  I took a hiatus while I figured out what I REALLY had a passion for. 

I mean, being on a board is work.  Board meetings take time away from work.  Fundraisers take time and money.  But this time last year, a co-worker came to my office and during our random conversation, I found out that she was rolling off of the board of Miriam’s Promise.  I’d heard of Miriam’s Promise from my friend, Elizabeth who worked with them to do her home study when she was adopting last year.

I read up on MP and decided I wanted to join what they were doing to help children.

So on the eve of celebrating Kylie’s homecoming, I figured this was the perfect time to talk about how you can help Miriam’s Promise continue to do what they do for the families they serve.

Next Friday, April 5, is their annual event.  It’s a night you don’t want to miss!  Unfortunately, and ironically, I’ll be traveling and will miss, but you don’t have to. 

MP CTP

If you are interested in attending and learning more about the work MP does, you can click here.  If you can’t attend, please considering making a donation.  If you own a business that would be interested in making a donation, please let me know!  Finally, if you really can’t afford to donate (because I know some of you would love to, but can’t), there are two ways to support MP. 

You can either donate an auction item or just pray for the board, staff and families of Miriam’s Promise in the next few days leading up to Celebrate the Promise. 

But if you ARE interested in learning more about Miriam’s Promise or making a donation, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.  Donations are tax deductible.

Thank you friends.

No comments: