3.24.2009

Jersey Boys - A Review

For those of you that follow me on Facebook, you know this weekend, Steve and I went to see Jersey Boys at TPAC. Allow me to confess...I had heard of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, but honestly, I did not know them by the name "Jersey Boys"...Steve had told me the show was about them and I was pretty uninterested. We had to go to Lebanon for Gage's 2nd birthday party and we were in a huge rush to get back, drop Jenna off at home, wait for the babysitter and get all the way back into town for the start time. Had we totally missed it, I would not have been that upset.

But I am SO glad we went now. We barely got there in time to take our seats. Usually, by intermission, I'm looking at my watch and wondering how late we are going to be and calculating how much this will cost me (in terms of paying the sitter!). During the show this time, I didn't look at my watch once.

These guys portraying the members of the original Four Seasons are unbelievably talented. And even though I'd heard of the group, I couldn't name the songs they were famous for. Now, I have burned both Steve and I a CD of songs such as "Oh What a Night", "Bye, Bye Baby (Baby Goodbye", "Sherry" and "Walk like a Man". Did you know they even did the song "Grease" for the movie?

I digress...the point to this blog is to tell you that you still have 2 weeks to see Jersey Boys and I highly recommend it. If you are looking for a date night, this is the perfect idea. We both loved it and would definitely go see it again.

So there you have it. My first (and probably only) stage review! Speaking of review, I have another book review coming up in the next few weeks...so stay tuned!

No comments: