10.22.2008

And the Winner is...

OK, so I had grand plans of having Jenna pick the winner of the free churched copy, taking her picture actually pulling the name out of the hat and posting it etc. However, as it tends to do, life got away from me and I didn't have time to do all that. Steve isn't feeling well tonight and he didn't go to church which meant I took Jenna and then after I got home, had to get all my scrapbook stuff together and loaded in the van etc. Jenna and Steve are both in bed and I'm headed there shortly. But since I'll be out of town for the next few days, I wanted to get this done so you all that left a comment would know if you won.

Now there were only 4 to go into the drawing. I hope you all noticed the 1st comment was from the author himself, Matthew Paul Turner! How cool is that! I had no idea that would happen, but I thought it was really cool. Anyway, here's the deal...I have the extra copy and then I have my copy. So, I'll draw two names and for those that do not get drawn, you'll have to just borrow the book from the ones who did win it when they get done. Everyone is local except my friend Christy and if she doesn't win, then I'll just get the other copy from one of you when you are done and ship it out there, that is unless she just can't wait and buys it herself.

Anyway, I have written your names on slips of paper and am now putting them behing my back (seriously, I'm doing this right now as I type!)...and I'm mixing them up...and drawing...ALLISON! YAY! You'll have to have lunch with me now! OK, seriously, if you'll email me your home address, I will drop this in the mail next week when I'm back in the office.

Now, for the second book...same deal...behind my back...mixing them up...drawing...CHRISTY! YAY CHRISTY! I think I have your address...just shoot me a quick email to confirm and I'll also drop yours in the mail.

Rachel and Meredith...boo, hiss! I'm sorry you didn't win. Rachel-I know you have a LIST of books to read, so it will be a while before you get down to this one. :) Besides, you're going to be too busy this weekend to read! Meredith-sorry for you too...I know you would have enjoyed this :( :(

Thanks to you all for playing and reading my blog. My head is hurting as my allergies are acting up again (awful timing), so I'm going to read a few pages in my current book, Flashbang, and then get on to bed before it gets too late. I'm hoping the morning finds Steve feeling much better...and me too!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Hooray! I sent you an email! Now I have something to do while telling Emma to calm down and remember she has a broken arm! I guess if all else fails, I could just knock her over the head with it! Just kidding! =) I just sent you an email!