5.05.2007

Scolded...

Well, I'll consider myself scolded for not updating my blog sooner! I guess there's not been a whole lot going on here, thankfully.

A week or so ago, I got the shock of my life at work. Found out my manager is leaving the company. I am very disappointed...she is wonderful and allows me to do most everything I ask with Jenna's school. I am a bit scared at who might go in above me as manager that they won't be as understanding. So, I went ahead and applied for the position myself! Of course, I realize if I end up getting it (and that's a HUGE "if"), I'll probably have less time during certain seasons to do with Jenna. But I talked it over with Steve and he's ready to step up if/when that happens. I have heard that I have some stiff competetion at work, each of whom are equally as competent and good friends as well as co-workers. I am praying daily that God's will be done. If I don't get it, then I will just know that the Lord has kept me from something that could potentially be damaging to my family.

As far as Thailand goes, as you can see from the counter at the top of the blog, I'm just a little over a month away from leaving. I've got my flight schedule and pretty much everything else in order. We leave on June 9 at 6:50AM (YIKES!) and connect in Chicago where we will fly for about 14 hours to Bangkok where we will stay overnight and then on to Chiang Mai the next morning. The 14 hours-in-a-plane-thing is starting to worry me a bit. I'm not at all afraid to fly, but just knowing that I have no choice but to be in one place for that length of time kind of makes me a bit claustrophobic. But they've given us really good tips on flying and getting our body clock regulated. Thailand is 12 hours ahead of us here in Tennessee, so that will certainly be an adjustment. But I've got my Tylenol PM, iPod and reading materials ready, so I should be fine. Plus, with my good buddy Rachel going, combined with both of our excitement, I will probably have no trouble finding stuff to keep me busy. As for the cost of my trip, I'm not sure when my final payment is due, but at last report, I had less than $300 to be paid! Praise the Lord who has provided through each of your generosity. Thank you!!!! I will let you know when I do exactly how much I raised.

Steve's in full swing preparing for Moldova. These trips are coming faster than either of us expected! I think he's about gotten everything ready (in terms of purchasing) for his trip too. He is lacking his vaccinations and so am I, but we should be taking care of that soon enough. He still has LOTS to pay on his trip. He's gotten only one donation for $50 but that is something to be proud of! Thanks to his friend Mark for being his first donator! He did send out about 80 letters of support, so hopefully these folks will start stepping up soon. Let me encourage those of you that are reading this, if you haven't sent in a donation for me and want to support, please send a check for STEVE'S TRIP. I can assure you, you will be blessed!

Right now, Gage and Micah are here for the weekend. They came down last night and we've just enjoyed them so much! That sweet baby boy is so wonderful to hold. He's a good baby and we always enjoy Micah being here. Sometimes I can't believe looking at her now that she was just a little 10 year old bob-haired blondie when I first met her! Let me tell you, there's nothing like watching the child you adored turn into a woman and then mother of her own child. Unbelievable! Micah is going to stay tonight and we'll all go to church together tomorrow. I can't wait to see Gage dressed in his church outfit. I'll have to take pictures and post them here later.

Jenna-well, not much to report on here. She's a mess as usual. We've begun to pray that the Lord blesses her with a beautiful voice because if he doesn't, it's going to be a long 18 years! That child sings ALL THE TIME! You wouldn't believe it unless you heard it. It's just all the time. And it's a different song. Sometimes she just makes up things. It's nice to hear though. She's got only about 3 more weeks of school and then she'll be going to a variety of summer camps. Also, I've been in email contact with the pre-1st teacher, Ms. Seay, at DLES. Can I just say I think we are going to get along just fine! We are going to an informational meeting on Monday at noon and I will meet her in person and learn lots more about pre-1st and the curriculum.

Well, I guess that's enough for now. I'll probably post late next week with pictures of sweet baby Gage and information about our pre-1st meeting.

Until then...

1 comment:

The Millsaps said...

It's about time :). I can't wait to experience Thailand with you. It's going to be so fun!!!