5.14.2010

Weekend plans

Well, the weekend is finally here and I had told myself I was going to enjoy this evening reading and hanging with the family and then tomorrow is going to be spent going through everything and getting ready for the yard sale I'm having next weekend to help fundraise for my mission trip to South Africa. 

As you might have read earlier on my blog, I have ceased "official" fund raising.  I have gotten the question, "Are you still going to accept donations if people want to help" and the answer is "YES!"  I am very much in need of donations and will gladly accept donations.  However...I am not going to actively solicit anymore.  I can't explain why except I had an increasing uneasiness about asking and the minute I made the decision to stop, it was like a huge burden lifted from my shoulders, so I know without a doubt it is the right thing.

Speaking of donations, if you have "stuff" that you'd like to get rid of, you can donate it to me for my yard sale and I will hopefully sell it and the proceeds will go to my mission trip.  Thanks to my friends Susie and Emily who have already donated.  I don't have any grand expectations of how much we'll make next Saturday and honestly, with the way our summer is shaping up, I'm thinking if it rains, we might just have to drop it all off at the Goodwill!!! 

Honestly y'all...I HATE yard sales.  I know, I know...so many good deals to be had, but I just don't have the patience.  My mother was a yard sale queen.  Every spring she had a yard sale and my entire family put stuff in it.  She KNEW how to do it too.  She'd raise tons of money and we were in a great spot at the corner of two roads that pretty much everyone had to cross to get through the neighborhood.  Here, we are in the back of the neighborhood (which we love!) and no one comes through here unless you live back here...so I'm wondering how much foot traffic we'll have.  Whatever.  I can't worry about it.  I'm going to have the yard sale.  And I'm gonig to have it next weekend. 

Unless it's raining. 

And then I'm going to the Goodwill.  :)

But now, I'm off to clean out my closet.

No comments: