5.09.2010

Happy Mother's Day

As most of you know, I lost my mother to cancel when I was 18 and she was a mere 55 years old.  4 years later, my Dad remarried a wonderful angel named Bertie.  And while she'll never be my "mom", she has filled that void since she came into my life and I think of her like a mom.  She is the only "Nana" on my side of the family that Jenna will ever know and unfortunately, the only one she has left.

In 2001, I because a mother myself and my life has never been the same. Outside of finding Steve, Jenna is the best thing that has ever happened to me. 

And then there's my "surrogate" mother, my sister Teresa.  She's old than I am, but she has VERY much taken on the role of "mom" in my life.  She sends me Mother's Day cards, inquires as to the well being of my family, gives me advice (that's usually very good) and sometimes questions my actions (in a Christian way).  I believe she treats me the way my own mother would have treated me had she been alive today.

So, to Bertie, Teresa and all those other moms out there, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!  I hope it is a wonderful one.

No comments: