What Did I Do Today?

Well, pretty much nothing. I haven't gotten out of my PJs all day long. I had to re-read my last post to see what I had typed. I had some serious medicine head at that time. I think I mentioned taking some Tylenol Severe Allergy. Apparently, for what ailed me, that was the wrong thing to do. My head was completely clogged. You know, like when you've cried really hard and you are 100% stopped up and there's no air passing through? That's what happened to me after taking that. I could not even swallow without choking. It was a little scary. I went to bed in hopes that laying down would help. It did just enough. I would wake up every hour with my mouth feeling like it was full of cotton. Finally about 12:30, Steve told me that I had waited long enough and maybe take an Actifed. At that point, I was willing to try anything, so I took 2 and it was like a miracle! Minutes after I laid back down, my head cleared and it was heavenly. But, all night, I felt like I was wide awake, so I didn't sleep well. Friday I went on in to work, but was pretty tired all day. After work, Rachel and I went shopping to prepare for our scrapbook retreat in a couple weeks. Last night I slept well and slept until almost 9am. My nose is still a little stuffy, but sitting around all day has been oh-so-nice!

Actually, it's not like I haven't done anything. I just haven't GONE anyway. I cleaned the kitchen and did the laundry. Tomorrow, our family will begin attending the evening Sunday service at church, so we'll get to sleep in again and then do our church activities tomorrow night instead. I can't tell you how stoked I am about having a free morning.

But something else I have done today in preparation for my scrapbooking retreat. I went through a ton of old pictures in order to maybe get them into albums during the retreat. I had in the back of my mind that I wanted to put our wedding snapshots into an album and maybe one of these days put all my growing up pictures into a real album. The problem was finding where I had put all of them. I finally found them and lo and behold, I had already put them together and organized them. Apparently, I had that idea a few years back and I forgot about it. I have my pictures from the year I was born up until high school. I also have all our wedding activities together and then several years of vacation photos before Jenna was born. It's a tall order to get ALL of those into albums even with a long weekend, because I have to still get caught up on the current album as well.

Anyway, that's what I've done all day. So while I stayed in my PJs and never left the front door of my home, I have accomplished alot. Tomorrow I will iron and get groceries. It will be a bit strange grocery shopping on Sunday morning when most folks are in church. It has got to have been 30+ years since I slept in on a Sunday other than when we were out of town or sick!

For now, I'm off to bed!

No comments: