2.15.2008

If you notice the time of this post, you'll wonder what the heck I'm doing posting at 1:30 in the afternoon on Friday. Jenna's school had an in-service day today, so Steve kept her the first 1/2 of the day and I took the second half off. YAY! It's a beautiful day (for February), and Jenna would rather watch TV than play outside, so I am going to take the opportunity to catch up on my blogging.

I had a weigh in this past Tuesday. I didn't know what to expect, but I had only exercised 1 time, so I knew it wasn't going to be spectacular. I still managed to pull off -.8lb. I'm down nearly 8 pounds and believe it or not, I can tell it in my clothes. This next week is going to be really bad because I've not eaten as well and tomorrow night, we have reservations at the Melting Pot which means lots of chocolate fondue for dessert. Luckily, lots of what they give you to dip is fruit! I'm still going to post my progress (or lack thereof) because you all have to keep me accountable!

I found this cool website that teaches you how to go from "couch potatoe" to running 3 miles a day in about 2 months. I think I might start doing this next week. I never had the desire to run a marathon, or even 1/2 marathon for that matter, but I would really like to enjoy running. I mean, how many fat runners do you know? Right. Me either. And running a few miles at a time takes less of a toll on your body and joints than marathon running.

What else? Not much going on in the way of work. As usual, I'm staying busy. I had more of a slow week this week and I was so glad for the breather. Next week will be a full week, but then the last week of February I'm taking 1/2 day on Thursday and all day Friday to go on a scrapbooking retreat and I am SO stoked about this...I look forward to it every spring and fall. Rachel goes with me so it's a very productive girls weekend.

We really don't have plans except for the Melting Pot and to see Spamalot tomorrow night. Some of you know that Steve became really close to a young teenage girl while he was in Moldova. A few months ago, she came to the US to go to school and she is coming to visit us this weekend. She'll just hang out with us and do whatever we normally do. It will be interesting for her to see how this crazy family lives!

I guess that's about it. I had my Subway sandwhich (Rach says I'm going to turn into one!) and now I'm starting to get sleepy. I don't foresee a nap in my future, but I will at least get to lay on the couch. It will be just Jenna and I tonight while Steve bowls. We'll have to find something to get into or we'll drive each other crazy!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

What's the running website called. I know I can do a walk/run of a half marathon but it would be nice to train.

Sandra said...

Click on the link in the post. I meant to link it there when I posted and forgot. It should work now.