2.03.2007

"Just a dusting"...


So, given...the weatherpeople in Tennessee just can't seem to get it right. Wednesday night, they were calling for 1-2 inches of snow after midnight. I stayed up late thinking we'd have a late start Thursday. Imagine my surprise when Steve woke me up on Thursday morning to say school was in session and I'd better get moving. We did NOT get 1-2 inches...more like what the weather people would call "just a dusting" of snow. We live to the south of Nashville, so I figured Nashville probably got alot more, but no...what was there was more like frost on the cars! Jenna was totally bummed and I was too (because when it comes to snow, I'm a big kid at heart!)

So, I went to bed a little early on Thursday night to make up for the sleep deprivation. The weather people were now calling for "just a dusting" Thursday night. So, again, imagine my surprise when Steve wakes me up on Friday morning saying all the schools are closed! I look out and there's about 1-2 inches of snow outside! So, anyway, Steve went on in to work and Jenna and I stayed home. Of course, she was wide awake at 5:30am once she heard there was snow and couldn't quit looking out the windows. I'm not kidding...she couldn't even eat breakfast because she kept turning around and squealing about the snow on the deck.

I made her wait until about 11am so it wasn't so cold to bundle up and go out. She wasn't happy about that, and would ask every few minutes if it was time to go yet. Oh, don't I remember those days as a child where time seemed to drag until your mom would let you go out and play in the snow! So, about 11am, we bundled up (yes, the both of us) and went to play.

There wasn't enough to do much with, but she did make a little snowman...she was calling him "Mister Snowman"...or "Snowy"...and we ran around the yard and threw snowballs at each other. This is her first "real" snow...we got about 10 inches a few years back but she was only about 18 months old, so she doesn't remember it and she didn't care for it then because it was just cold and wet which is what I'm sure her diaper felt like most of the time!

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted...it's just been busy for the past few weekends. This weekend started out as no exception to that, however, my breakfast plans today just got canceled, so I have the morning free. I'm wondering if my dear husband and daughter would like to have breakfast with me? But it's past 8:30am now, so maybe it's too late. Oh well...on the bright side, I'm up, showed and all made up, so I'm ready to go in case we find some reason to leave.

I don't know if the forecast is calling for snow anytime soon, not that it matters anyway. I'll keep you all posted!

No comments: