2.19.2007

I'm going to Thailand. What can YOU do to help?

Below is a letter that many of you will be receiving soon via mail or email. Please consider how you might support me in this journey.

Dear Friend:

I am writing to you on behalf of my missions team from Brentwood Baptist Church (BBC). We are preparing for a trip to Chiang Mai, Thailand this summer. You are receiving this letter because you are important to me.

I will be traveling June 9 and returning June 18. My team will be hosting a conference for Southern Baptist missionaries in the Southeast Asia region. We are responsible for the childcare, worship, preaching, workshops, hospitality, bookstore, and medical support for the conference. There will be over 500 men, women and children attending this event, and BBC is sending over 110 people to support this important time of teaching and encouragement to the missionaries and their families.

I ask for your support as I prepare for this trip and as I travel. You can support me in several ways:

1. You can give financial support. The total cost of my trip is $2,000. Several of our team members are relying completely on the generous giving of people like you. We have stepped out in faith, not knowing how God will provide for us, but believing that He will. Giving is an important way that you can participate in mission work. Although you may not ever go to Thailand, you can send others, as well as encourage and equip missionaries.

You can give by writing a check to Brentwood Baptist Church. Please designate on your check “Thailand”. You may designate your money to support me by specifying my name in the memo line. If you so choose, you can request that your gift remain anonymous and send it directly to Brentwood Baptist Church Missions Office.

If you are a Brentwood Baptist church member, you can give your money during the regular Sunday morning offering; just remember to designate it for me if that is your desire. If you are not a Brentwood Baptist church member, you can mail your check to me so that I can be sure it is applied appropriately.

No matter what amount you are able to give, please know that every dollar is needed and is gratefully received.

2. You can give me and my team your prayers. If you are unable to give financially, you can pray. Please pray for us to prepare. We have children’s Bible school to organize, worship services and seminars to plan, medical resources to obtain, hospitality gifts to acquire, etc. We need extra time for Bible study and prayer. We will be seeing to the many details of family and work that must be taken care of in our absence. We need to go healthy, rested and ready to hit the ground running.

We know that because we are entering into real, spiritual warfare, Satan will discourage and distract us. Crises always arise. Team members get sick. Family members get sick. It is often hard for team members to sleep well. And sometimes we are downright afraid. When you pray for us, you are literally joining our team, standing along side us.

I thank you in advance for all the ways you will support me. You have received this letter because I know that you will be faithful to do so. If you would like to continue to receive updates on our prayer requests and preparations, please email me at the address below. I will also add your name to my email distribution list to receive my journal during my trip.


Gratefully Yours,
Sandra D. Taylor

No comments: