6.07.2013

I am…A Conflict Avoider

I am Fun
Of all the things I am, this one is pretty big.  I will avoid direct conflict at all costs.  Sometimes it takes the form of being a peace maker, but I do hate conflict.  So, what happens when someone offends me?  Whether it be on purpose or accidentally?  I stuff.

If you upset me or make me mad, rather than just tell you about it so we can work it out, I stuff it inside, deal with it internally and then hopefully get over it.  I just hate conflict.

I even hate conflict that I’m not involved in directly.  If I am in a group of folks (or like a meeting at work) and two other people start to disagree, I immediately have the urge to step in, make a joke (defense mechanism) and try to diffuse the situation.  It is slightly ridiculous I realize, but it is just the way I am.  Even when I’m reading blogs, reading some of the comments makes me uncomfortable.

Let me give you another perfect (albeit silly) example.  Steve DVRs those shows like Lizard Lick Towing.  I absolutely cannot stand to watch them, one because I think they are dumb (sorry fans, but it’s just not my cup of tea) and because of the constant conflict they are in the middle of all the time.

I’m just not an in-your-face kinda girl.  Now, mess with my family and like any other Mama on the planet, I’m gonna come up fighting.  But most of the time, I will vent to a close friend or two and then I’m going to take some time to stew on it and then eventually I’ll move on.

So if you think you’ve offended me in the past…you very well could be right.  But then again, you’ll probably never know!!!

No comments: