6.17.2010

Sell it!

As many of you know, I have been very convicted on how I am (or am not) supposed to raise money for this mission journey I am taking to South Africa.

I felt like I should not actively solicit funds for this trip.  An opportunity arose recently to host a Gold Party.  If you've ever seen those corny commercials on TV about bringing in or selling your gold and were skeptical, well, then this is for you.

A year or so ago, I found myself in the same place but a friend of mine had a party and in a show of support for her and to check it out myself, I went.  If you knew me as a teenager, you will recall, I wore rings on every finger and sometimes more than one.  So, I loaded up all those rings that I haven't worn since I got engaged (a girl has her priorities!) and took them to this party.

And I walked out with $350 cash.  C-A-S-H!  I'm not joking.  It was stuff I would never have worn again!  So, to help those of you like me and to earn just a little money for this trip, I have decided to have a gold party soon.  Because of the nature of this party, I'm not putting out the details on this public blog, but if you think you might be interested in coming, shoot me an email at sandras_junk@charter.net (or my work email address if you have it) and I'll get you the details.

I will admit, I have invited about 50 folks already by email and have gotten very low response for a variety of reasons.  There is a possibility that I will not have enough folks in attendance to make it worth having, so if you are interested OR if I've sent you an email invite and you haven't RSVP'd, please let me know ASAP.

And finally, I've had several people ask me if they can just donate directly to the trip and the answer is of course.  If this is something you feel led to do, you can do it online at https://public.serviceu.com/payment/default.asp?OrgID=8568&PaymentID=3047 and just select the S. Africa September (VBS) trip and enter my name in the field for the recipient name.  You can also make a check payable to Brentwood Baptist Church and put my name and "South Africa mission journey" in the memo line and send it to myself or the church.

More to come......

No comments: