7.13.2008

I know it's been a while since I've posted and I apologize to my readers.


Life has kept the Taylors busy lately! Let's see...last week, thanks to my good friends Leigh Ann and Jamie, Jenna was able to attend her very first Vacation Bible School...BBC style! Those of you who go to BBC, know what I mean when I say "BBC style". For those that don't, let me explain...

1,582 kids enrolled to particpate in VBS this year. Did you do a double-take? That's fifteen hundred children! Attendance averaged about 1,300 a day. There were over 500 volunteers (Leigh Ann and Jamie included) that made this a success. And about 40 decisions made by children. Friday night was the big finale program and I've never been so proud to be part of the church as I was then. I'm just so blessed to be smack dab (as my mother would say) in the middle of where God is so obviously working. AWESOME!

The big thing going on with me is regarding my health. Sort of. Some of you may remember that last year about this time, I was experiencing severe itching on my feet which I attributed to some sort of fungus picked up in Thailand. We'll this year it's back with a vengence, and after several rather frustrating visits with the dermatologist, I think I (with some help from my mentor and friend, Sherri) have self-diagnosed myself with a type of eczema called dyshidrotic dermititis. It's not contagious, but it's making me miserable with the itching. It's now on my hands as well and while I'm on and using a multitude of medications, it's waking me up several times at night, which is no fun. I have an appointment with my primary care physician on Tuesday morning at 7:30, so hopefully I'll have even more information then. For the most part this is exacerbated by stress and is triggered by some allergen. My problem is that I don't know what I'm allergic to, so I'm seeing a visit to the allergist in my future. I just want the itching to stop. Right now, my feet are itching and I have to pause my typing to scratch my hands. If you want to see pretty much what I'm going through, just click here.

Steve celebrated a birthday on July 4. We spent the first part of the holiday with Steve's sister as is our tradition. Then we came home, rested and cooked out with our friends the Millsaps. We just sat on the deck and played card games and watched the neighborhood fireworks. It was so much fun!

I guess that's about it. This Friday, Jenna and I leave (at the crack of!) to go to Richmond to visit my friend Carrie and her daughter Sami. We are going to spend a long weekend on the beach as just a girls weekend. I so need it. I'm just praying that we get the itching under control so it doesn't ruin my trip. Now that the weekend is closer, I'm really starting to get excited!

Well, that's it for now. I have to go fold clothes!

No comments: