8.15.2007

Our Alabama Vacation

So, we are finally home from our vacation to Alabama. It was a great trip. The girls had fun. I was surprised to learn that Jenna could swim like a fish! We bowled, went to the bounce place, and the girls played and had a good time.

On Friday, Steve, Jenna and I went to the Space Museum. It was a nice break, but it was not as exciting as I remembered when I went as a kid. Jenna was a little too young to appreciate the historical value and it cost us almost $60 to get in. The Imax movie we saw was pretty cool, but Jenna was over it about 10 minutes into it.

I will report that out of the four of us bowling, 2 adults and 2 children, none of us will be on the Pro-bowler's tour anytime soon. I tried to remind Steve that this is the main reason I don't bowl with him!!!

The girls played well for the most part. There's about an 18 month difference between them but you couldn't tell. Take a look at these two silly girls in their dress up stuff...and let me just say this is just ONE of the several outfits they modeled for us during the week.

Kylene and I got alot of time to catch up too, which was so nice! For those of you who don't know, Kylene and I met when we working at Orion together. I was off on my honeymoon when Kylene was hired in. Not sure what it was that attracted us, but she was engaged to be married on August 10, which was our original date before we moved it up. That was back in 1996, and we've been friends ever since. We've had our ups and downs, but mostly ups and there's not a lot I can't tell Kylene. I think a girl is lucky to say she has at least one friend like that in her life. So, I feel blessed to say I actually have several and Ky is one of them.

I sure do miss being with her, but lots of exciting things in store for the week and that keeps me from missing her too much! She moved from Mt. Juliet to Alabama in spring this year and it's

been hard. But it's only an hour from exit to exit, so it won't be too bad. We are planning another quick visit in September for a wedding.


No comments: