12.08.2006

Notice anything different???




Do you notice anything different in this picture? Look closely now...
Yes, ladies and gentlemen...that's my baby girl with PIERCED EARS! On Thursday morning this week, she woke up and said, "Mommy, I want to get my ears pierced today". Well...she said that once before and when we go to the doctor (our pediatrician will do it for a small fee), she decided (after she'd had a shot) that she really didn't want to get them pierced. This time, I made the appointment for this afternoon so she'd have two days to chicken out. But she didn't. After the first ear, she said, "It hurts, it hurts, it hurts" but she didn't cry. Dr. Mary said, "Are you ready for the next one?" In my mind, I'm thinking of all the things I'm going to have to say to coax her in to having the second ear done. She says, without hesitation, "Yep." So, ear number two and then it's over. She thinks she's a princess and was so proud of herself. I'm proud of her too for deciding she wanted something and not backing down. I gave her every opportunity to wimp out and she held strong. So any of you "Santas" reading that are wondering what to get her for Christmas...earrings are a good idea now!
It is bittersweet for me though...it's just another way that shows me my baby girl is growing up right before my very eyes... :(

No comments: