12.16.2006

Busy, busy, busy

Mood: BUSY!

The last few days have been super busy. I'm learning new things at work everyday, but it's stressful feeling like a certain level of expectation is out there and not really knowing what that is or whether you are meeting it. I think everyone at work agreed this was an extremely long week and everyone is looking forward to the weekend and then the holidays. Jenna's last full day at school was Wednesday and then 2 half days on Thursday and Friday. Monday Micah is coming to sit with Jenna and Tuesday she's going to Let It Shine. Wednesday and Thursday Steve has taken off and Friday we are both off. Today we are going to see the Rockettes and the Music City Radio Show which I think Jenna will really enjoy. I am thinking it will kick our Christmas mood up alot.

As for Jenna, her newly pierced ears are doing well and she loves showing them off. I think someone has already gotten her a pair of earrings for Christmas. Speaking of...she has decided that she wanted one of those interactive Butterscotch ponies that are life sized and at Target. Of course she didn't decide that until after "Santa" had done all her shopping, but it's ALL she's talked about! At this point in the year, it's one of the "HOT" toys and you can't find it anywhere. Not to mention it's $300 retail. Oh, you can find it on Ebay for like $600. Except I'm not one of those parents who will spend double the price of something just so my 5 year old can play with it 30 minutes and then we donate it to charity next Christmas. But, I will say it because a challenge for me to try and find one. I happened upon a used one on Craigslist and can you believe I was able to secure it?! The best thing is that the wonderful woman who sold it did so at about $60 less than what it retails at. She had gotten it on sale when it first came out so she was just wanting her money back. I was thrilled. I cannot WAIT until Christmas morning! Also, Jenna was wanting a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It's something she saw in a magazine and has been watching the MM Clubhouse on TV. Of course, I delayed in buying it because I thought I had all the time in the world. Then I find out you can't find these anywhere either...they are ALSO a hot toy this season. How do 5 year olds know what is going to be a hot toy? Anyway, I ended up finding one on Ebay. I bid on it last night and won it! I will admit that I'm paying more for it than retail then you have to figure in shipping, but there's no tax, so in the end, I'm probably paying about $10 more than I would have in the store. But since I was going to buy it online anyway, it probably about evened out (at least that's how I'm justifying it!).

Steve and Chase have gone to look at cars for Chase and Jenna is watching TV. I'm going to let her watch the rest of this show and get her in the bathtub. I have had my shower, but she's needing another one. She coughed all night Thursday night and so I was up all night checking on her and I know she didn't sleep well. I was exhausted last night and so was she. She fell asleep on the couch about 8:30 and didn't wake up until about that time this morning. I went to bed about 10 and got to sleep until about 8:20. When she heard me up, she was up too. I've already fixed 4 dozen Christmas cookies this AM and we'll decorate them after the show (maybe).

This week will be even crazier but I'll try to keep you updated on our holiday activities!

No comments: