2.09.2013

Oh How I Love Her…

2013-01-30 16.44.05

Y’all, I just had to write this post…today will be Kylie’s 2nd birthday party and it’s gonna be great.  And there will be awesome detail and photos to follow, but today, I thought was an appropriate time to talk about Kylie and how she’s doing.

Kylie has made great strides since being home.  She has gained over 5 pounds and has grown just shy of FIVE INCHES!  She is talking up a storm, although, most times we have no idea what she’s saying.  She still attends speech therapy 2 times a week and I credit Miss Joy with all the progress she’s made.2013-01-21 19.09.59

But most amazingly, this little girl is HAPPY.  She laughs and giggles and smiles what seems like all the time.  If she is cranky, we ALL have a bad day because it’s just not like her.  My friend Jill asked me once if she was always this animated or just when she visits her house?  No, it’s not just her house…it’s all the time.

2013-01-28 20.38.10

The other night, I was changing her into her PJs right before bed.  I still put her to bed every single night except for Tuesdays when I’m at my women’s Bible study.  It is my favorite time of the day.  So I was dressing her and in pulling off her shirt, it got stuck right above her eyes on her head.

That little thing giggled and laughed until she gave herself hiccups!  And of course, I was laughing hysterically too.  And then, without warning or prompting, she leaned in and kissed me right on the lips and said “Muah!”

2013-01-31 19.41.15

And y’all.

I thought my heart would burst WIDE.  OPEN.  I’m not joking.  The moment came and went in an instant, but it was like all in slow motion and I can still see her sweet face just as it was.  So full of joy and happiness.

2013-02-01 14.59.36

And it was then that I realized how deeply and fiercely I love this little Asian princess of mine.  I have always loved her.  Even before I knew who she was.  But it was never like this.  There are just no words to adequately describe.  I shouldn’t be surprised.  I remember loving my two bigs with that kind of love when they were younger and being amazed that I could love someone so much that didn’t come from my body.  I should’ve known.

2013-02-03 20.28.32

Oh, how I love her.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Love reading this!!!!