2.14.2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

We've managed to drag out Valentine's Day for about 4 days.  Thursday was Jenna's Valentine party at school. When I got there, I saw that Jenna had received pink roses and a balloon from Steve delivered to school.  I had NO idea he was sending them.  Now tell me that isn't the sweetest.

MY flowers and balloon arrived at work on Friday.  Steve never fails to make sure I am the envy of the office on special days.  All the ladies talk about my getting flowers.  God love him.  And for the record, he was supportive enough to NOT get me a bunch of chocolate candy while I'm trying to lose weight (although, I have sampled some of Jenna's box that we bought her).

Last night we had tickets to TPAC to see the Drowsy Chaperone.  It wasn't the best show I've seen, but it could have been overshadowed by the fact that I could NOT breathe through pretty much the entire thing.  Last Saturday night when I had insomnia, I started getting congested.  By Monday I was so stopped up that I went to the clinic at work.  They diagnosed me with a sinus infection and gave me a three day antibiotic.  By Wednesday, I was feeling considerably better.  Then, yesterday morning I woke up completely congested again.  And it really made me cranky all stinking day long.  By the show last night, both sides were stopped up 100%.  I mean, literally, I could not get ANY air through my nose.  Swallowing and eating were out of the question.  Finally we got home and I felt a little better.  But by the time I laid down for bed, I was completely clogged again.  I tried Mucinex and nose spray.  I didn't have any trouble falling asleep, but I would keep waking myself up choking...from not being able to breathe.  Finally, Steve got up, brought me Vicks and a steaming hot rag to try and clear my head up.  It worked for about 2 seconds.  Finally, he scrounged around and found an Actifed tablet. Actifed is about the only thing that has ever worked on us and sources say it is no longer being made.  Anyway, something worked because I woke up feeling a little groggy but way better and most of the day has been fine.  I'm not about 85% congested and I've already taken my last Actifed, popped my Mucinex and a Tylenol.  I'm not sure what to do other than call the doctor tomorrow and tell her that I'm literally drowning in my own mucous.  Yes, I know...TMI.

Today, we all exchanged V-day cards and gifts....and I spent the day working on my coupons and then going to Publix and Kroger.  I saved about 39% and 25% respectively.  May not sound like much, but I got a TON of groceries and stayed within my budget.  I was disappointed that my couponing workshop was canceled yesterday because the gal that does it had H1N1.  I still have so much to learn...

I got my sewing machine on Friday.  One of my goals for this year is to learn to sew.  Or at least start.  I got a great machine for really cheap at Overstock.com and yesterday Jenna and I signed up for sewing classes at JoAnns.  Jenna is going to a couple Saturday classes...one to make a pillowcase and one to make a "bean buddy".  I am doing sewing basics.  I can't wait!

I am about to go lay down....hopefully the Actifed will kick in soon and help me breathe.  It's getting kind of old...

Hope y'all had a good V-day.

No comments: