8.21.2009

I can see clearly now the rain is gone....

Today was a big day for me...I took the leap. The LASIK leap.

I have been thinking about this for a while now and at my last annual eye visit, I figured it was now or never. I wanted to have it while I was still young enough to enjoy life without any glasses (including reading).

I researched a couple of doctors, did a couple free consultations and settled on James Loden of Loden Vision Centers. He came highly recommended by my friend Leigh Ann. And I was not disappointed.

I arrived today at noon and they took me right back. After a few minutes for the sedative to take effect, I was on my way to the laser room. The whole procedure took about 8 minutes. The minute I sat up I could already see better even though it was a little blurry. We came home and I rested. When I woke up, I could see even better! For someone as blind as I was, this is a miracle. About 20 minutes after I woke up, the phone rang and guess who it was? Dr. James Loden! Calling to check on me after surgery. NICE TOUCH.

Anyway, I go back tomorrow morning for a follow up appointment and I should be able to see close to 20/20 by even then. I'll let you know.

I have some beautiful goggles...reminds me of someone...

No comments: