12.03.2007

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas...


Sorry it's been a while since I've posted. I can't seem to find the time although I think of things I want to blog about all the time!


The day after Thanksgiving we got the Christmas tree up. We haven't decorated as much this year because it doesn't seem that we can find the time. We have limited Jenna's extra curricular activities to two at a time, but I think we need to cut that back to one. Our church is adding a 3rd worship service on Sunday night and what that means is they are going to move children's choir up to 4pm and since we don't get home from morning activities until 1:30 (if we eat out for lunch), so there's some decision making about to go on here. I wonder when I'm going to be able to get all the Christmas presents wrapped.


Yesterday, we had the Taylor Family picture done. The last one was when Steve was married the first time. Chase wasn't even 2 yet! Since Steve and I had been married 11 1/2 years, I thought it was high time for a more updated picture! Not to mention, there are several children that weren't in the picture...Anyway, I was again reminded how much I enjoy being around the family. I just LOVE my sisters in law and can't wait until Christmas! Here's just a sample of the pics...
Last night, Jenna did her choir program at church. I think I teared up through most of the entire thing. When we were on our way to school/work this morning, I asked her to teach me one of the songs they sang. It's not long and it's got a pretty catchy tune. When she started teaching me the words, I began to really hear them and thought I'd share...
"Our God is a great big God
Our God is a great big God
Our God is a great big God and He holds us in His hands.
He's taller than a skyscraper, deeper than a submarine.
He's wider than the universe and beyond my wildest dreams.
And He's known me and He's loved me...since before the world began.
How wonderful to be a part of God's amazing plan."
What really struck me was the part about God knowing me and not only KNOWING, but knowing me and loving me despite myself. And He loved me before He even created the world. Think about that...HE LOVED US BEFORE HE EVEN CREATED THE WORLD. I mean, if that doesn't bring tears to your eyes...and then yes, how very wonderful to be a part of God's most amazing plan. Just think, of all the billions of people in the world, each one of us are part of a huge plan that God has for us. Awesome.
Anyway, I couldn't finish the song because I kept getting choked up. Jenna finally asked me if I was crying. I tried to explain to her how cool it was about God loving and knowing us. Not sure she understood, but it was an interesting conversation.
Not much else to speak of. Check out my friend, Rachel's blog. She blogged about several things (like the Steven Curtis Chapman concert) that I haven't touched on because I'm busy and then by the time I have time to sit down and blog, I've forgotten 1/2 of what I was going to talk about!
That's about it. I'm going to try and keep everyone updated as the holidays approach, but you all cut me some slack...after all...it' s the holidays!

No comments: