11.26.2006

Sunday night blues!

Well, after a fun, busy long weekend, it's back to school/work for the Taylors! Most of you who keep up with the news know the LBO of HCA last week was complete, so this week and until the end of the year should be interesting to see what (if any) changes are implemented. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous as we all should be no matter where we work. None of us are irreplaceable. I just know whatever happens will be fine. Eventually.

We have had beautiful weather in Nashville this weekend. Each day has been into the 60-70's. Somehow we managed to fill our time off and not get ANY Christmas decorating done until today. We did church, then came home, got a very few things done, then lunch with my dad and Bertie. Back home and had about 90 minutes of daylight so got a few more outside decorations up. Not sure when we'll get the other stuff up. This starts our super-busy time of year. Next weekend, we have Jenna's ballet recital. It's at church (Brentwood Baptist) in the deaf chapel at 11am if you are interested in seeing it. Everyone is invited! So, we have that, then I have a co-worker's party that night. In between, I have to cook about 7 dozen cookies for a cookie exchange on Sunday afternoon. At some point in there I need to get the laundry done and our Christmas decorations up. I haven't decided whether to go for a real or fake tree this year. Last couple years we've done real, but it's almost as easy to do the fake...speaking of decorations, let me tell you what we did today...

So, yesterday we went out and bought a bunch of new outside decorations etc. Today, while we are pulling it all out of the garage, I come across these brand new ornaments and I'm thinking, "Hmmm...where did those come from?"...then another box and another...and then strings of new lights and lawn decorations. Then it hit me...I went out after Christmas last year and bought a bunch of stuff for like 1/2 price, packed it up with all the other Christmas decorations and completely forgot about it until this year! YEEHAW! I was so excited to find that stuff. How smart was I last year?!?! Just like my MOM!

Well, today is the first day of Advent and Jenna brought home an Advent wreath and chain so we are about to go down and do that before we put her down for the night. I think I'll work on my online scrapbook tonight while Steve watches TV.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

No comments: